30 December 2010

Rubber Underground

Carlzbad . . .
Sometimes I just feel like being a rubberman, and on my current holiday excursion the impulse to be rubber 24/7 has been overwhelming whether in public or not. With a guest from the caribbean in tow we headed off to that big canyon in Arizona, stopping at Carlzbad Caverns on the way. So what did I do? Put on a pair of rubber blue jeans, black rubber shirt, and a black rubber jeans-style jacket and headed underground. The caverns are about 55 degrees but with no breeze I was working up a good sweat soon enough. Most of the hike down is not very brightly lit so i was not obviously in rubber, except for the constant squeeking as I walked. Once down in the main rooms, the lighting was brighter and it was obvious what I was wearing but noone gave me any grief. After that, it was pile back in the car for Roswell, where I tried to be a rubber alien (but got no pix), and then up north for a few days. All told, a nice day to be in rubber. All part of my 4 weeks of rubber (starting Dec. 9, spending part or all of each day in some form of latex gear. Next blog, hiking around the big ditch . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment